Friday, January 6, 2012

Friends through stitching

dear jane scrap fabric box

I’m just running out the door to meet a friend, it’s her birthday today. I’ll be meeting up with three women who have become great friends through stitching. Together we have one common interest but also share the ups and downs of every day life. Nothing is off limits -we chat about children, jobs, great recipes or a new cafe, sometimes we even talk about sewing, ha!

Actually that’s not true mostly we drool over fabric and pass on sewing tips and tricks. I’ve learnt a lot from these fabulous women over the last 7 years and I feel lucky to have them as friends.

image

We’ve been entering a group quilt in the Sydney Show together for the past 4 years. This year it’s finally my turn to select the quilt and drive the project. I can’t wait to share that with you as it’s been a long term goal to make a version of this quilt. But there’s lots of work to be done before July so I need to get a wriggle on! It’ll be worth it.

Anyway, if you want to make your own fabric scrap box there’s a great tutorial at the Sometime Crafter blog: Fabric Scrap Basket. They are perfect to fill with birthday treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment